Migration and Support Specialist
Department: Professional Services
Based: Lowry House, Marble Street, Manchester, UK.
About the Role
You will be responsible for helping businesses adopt Google Apps and migrate their data from other email and file platforms. The team also provides ongoing support for Google Apps and the CloudMigrator and CloudPages products. As a key member of this team, you’ll focus on running remote migrations for customers moving to Google Apps and you’ll provide support to partners that use our CloudMigrator tool.
- Handling support queries from customers via email and phone.
- Escalating support cases with our suppliers such as Google and progressing them to resolution.
- Creating Google Apps environments for new customers and configuring them to their requirements.
- Liaising with customers to obtain technical details required to migrate mail, calendar and contact data from legacy systems.
- Accessing customers systems remotely to migrate data using our CloudMigrator tool.
- Troubleshooting failed or incomplete migrations.
You will be an enthusiastic and talented IT professional with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You will have a great customer support ethos and a tenacious approach to resolving their issues. You should be familiar with Google Apps although training will be provided. You must have experience with one or more email platforms like Exchange, GroupWise, Notes and Zimbra. An understanding of DNS (e.g. MX and SPF records) will be helpful.